Owned and operated by Dennis Frick and Lori Van Houten Frick, Europa Macchina, Inc. is a team of dedicated master craftsmen, each possessing a strong interest in the restoration and preservation of special interest cars and motorcycles. Our experience in repairing, racing and restoring European machines began in the late 1950s.
We have won several national and international awards with our work, including class wins at Pebble Beach, Amelia Island, Eyes on Design, St. John’s, Boca Raton, Palm Beach, and national Porsche events in Canada, Switzerland, Germany, and the USA.
Examples of recent accomplishments with our 1934 Derby Bentley Barker Sports Saloon:
- 6/2016 – The Elegance – Best of Britain, Closed Car
- 8/2016 – RROC National Meet – Asheville - Best Derby Bentley
- 9/2016 – Radnor Hunt – Best European Pre-War
Other significant accomplishments:
- “Graf Berckheim Trophy” (Porsche Continental Coupé) at Weinheim Castle, Germany
- “Weissach Award” (Porsche 356SC Cabriolet) at National Porsche Parade
- “Rene Dreyfus Award” (1985 Royale-Porsche RP40) at Concours d’Elegance of the Eastern United States
- “Best Thoroughbred Racer” (1985 Royale-Porsche RP40) at National Porsche Parade
- “Best in Ring” (1963 Porsche 901 Prototype) at Meadow Brook Hall Invitational Concours d’Elegance
- “S.F. Edge Award” (AACA National Recognition for Restoration – three times)
Our company has been featured in an AP press release. Our work has been featured on the cover of several European car magazines, in the Mercedes-Benz factory magazine Classic, and in 2007 issues of (Mercedes-Benz) The Star. Our cars have also been featured in Motor Trend Classic, Autoweek, The New York Times, and pictured in USA Today, The Robb Report, German Life and Classic Car Collector. The German firm Hoechst AG has chosen our restored 901 as its calendar Porsche. Porsche Cars North America selected our 901 as its 30th Anniversary poster car.